I have finished my handbag a couple weeks ago and enjoy it so much! Currently I use it as a project bag to carry my knitting when I am out of home. It is so soft and big enough for a bigger running project (currently I am working on a cardigan).The basketweave pattern is not mine, you can get the instructions from here.
- 3 skeins DK weight yarn
- U.S. 7 / 4.00 mm needle
- for lining approx. half yard of wool fabric (optional)
Gauge: I didn't make gauge, it is not that important.
- tapestry needle
- sewing thread
Front and back
- Cast on 96 sts. (The total number of stitches must be divisible by 4.)
- Start to work following the basketweave instructions until you reach desired length. I made 72 rows. Bind off and sew the ends.
- Make two pieces for the front and back of the bag.
Sides and buttom
- Cast on 150 stitches and with stockinette stitch knit a 4' (10 cm) wide stripe. Bind off.
- The size of your front and back pieces may differ from mine, change the number of stitches fitted to your bag's size.
- Block the pieces before sewing.
- Sew the pieces together with your desired method. I used tapestry needle, but if you feel more comfortable, grab your crochet hook and slip stitch the pieces together.
You may line your bag. I recommend to use some tighter fabric, like wool or felt to have a nice fitting. I used a deep purple wool and closed with a magnetic clasp.
Maybe linking to these parties:
Mop It Up Mondays @ I Should Mop the Floor ♥ More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home ♥ Craft-O-Maniac Monday @ Craft-O-Maniac ♥ Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative ♥ Make Something Mondays @ Sarahndipities ♥ Topsy Turvy Tuesdays @ I am Topsy Turvy ♥ Share it Linky Party @ The Winthrop Chronicles ♥ Hooking on Hump Day @ My Merry Messy Life ♥ Off The Hook @ Daisy Cottage Designs ♥ Wow Us Wendesdays @ Savvy Southern Style ♥ Somewhat Simple @ Somewhat Simply ♥ Friday Flair Linky Party @ Whipperberry ♥ I love Fridays Linky Party @ Petals to Picots ♥ Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest ♥ The Crochet Boulevard @ The Crochet Boulevard ♥ Link your stuff @ Annemarie's Crochet Blog ♥ Nifty Thrifty Sundays @ Nifty Thrifty ♥ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ♥ Craft Schooling Sunday @Creative Jewish Mum ♥ DIY Project Parade @ DIY Showoff ♥ Colorful @ The Crochet Boulevard